Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chicken in green spicy curry

On a day when i was bored of making anything for dinner, I remembered my mom's green chicken but i have altered it to make a thick gravy she makes it a dry dish.Both are equally good!


I know it doesn't look green, my habit- i added turmeric and so the mild green tinge was lost.This was a refreshingly delicious dish mildly spiced and accompanies well with chapatis and indian breads.

You need

Chicken cleaned and chopped 1/2 kg
Vinegar 1 tablespoon
Onions 1 small chopped finely
Salt to taste

For the tempering
Coconut oil/Veg oil 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Garam masala whole - cardamom,cloves,bay leaves, cinnamon 3 -4 each
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Dried red chillies 2
Cumin seeds 1 tsp



Grind to a fine paste
Green leaves(curry leaves and cilantro) 1 cup
Cashews 10 nos
Green chillies 2nos
Fennel seeds/saunf 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Curd 2-3 tablespoon

  • Marinate the chicken with vinegar and salt and let it rest.
  • Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds let it pop.
  • Now add the curry leaves, red chillies and then add the onions and chicken and let the chicken fry in that oil for 10 mins.
  • Once the chicken is slightly brown add the ground paste and let the chicken cook until soft and coated in the gravy.
  • You can heat it and reduce it to a dry dish or add about half a cup of water and make it into a gravy.

  • Serve hot with chapatis or parotas.


5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I could have sworn I've visited this blog before but after going through a few of the articles I realized it's new to me.
    Regardless, I'm definitely happy I stumbled upon it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!



    Review my web site: see this great post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis