Monday, November 14, 2011

Ladyfinger in tomato gravy/Bhindi masala

I came up with this idea inspired from our common egg burji recipe.I followed suite and this recipe is a keeper!



I regularly make this as its easy to make and also tasty,makes a good combi for both steamed rice and chapatis or indian breads.



You need
Okra/Ladyfingers/bhindi/vendakka 2 cups chopped into 1 inch pieces
Onion 1 large chopped finely
Tomato 1 large chopped finely
Garlic 2 pounded/chopped finely
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
salt to taste
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Lime juice 1 tsp
Oil 2 tablespoons

  • Shallow fry the bhindi/vendakka in a pan until the gooey-ness goes away.
  • Heat oil in pan, splutter cumin seeds and then add the onions and fry until translucent.
  • Add the garlic and fry, now add the tomato and let it fry well until the tomato mashes and also the oil starts coming out of the sides.
  • Now add the masala powders turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt.
  • Add the fried bhindis and add little bit of water so that the bhindis go soft and get coated well in the onion tomato masala.
  • Add the lime juice just before you turn off the stove.

  • Serve bhindi masala hot with chapatis or steamed rice and more kozhambu (spicy yogurt curry).
Sending this to 'Only Curries'@Janaki's Kitchen.


and Edible Entertainment's HCC and My tasty Curry



8 comments:

  1. Very tempting masala. Okra is my fav and I love to have anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fav masala and i like to add some tamarind juice also...but your recipe sounds so yum !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy! I just want to give you a huge thumbs up for the excellent info you have got right
    here on this post. I'll be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    Here is my web page - best seo service

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis