Monday, October 13, 2014

Paneer/Cottage stuffed Parathas/Flatbreads

I love parathas making them and eating them!I love to stuff them and roll them out (a few of my friends are dreading the stuffing part) but i keep assuring them its nothing.My kids loved this simple yet nutritious paratha.

Paneer/Cottage cheese parathas

If you're scared of stuffing parathas this has to be the fail proof paratha you need to try it with home made paneer.I'll make a simple post followed by this with a collage to show how to make paneer.Why because I didn't do anything this time because packets of milk went bad for me but once when I did try to make paneer i didn't get the desired results.I prepared the filling for this the same way I do for aloo parathas.I haven't posted those I love aloo parathas the previous time I clicked pictures I wasn't happy with the clicks so they didn't make it to the blog.

Paneer/cottage cheese parathas

This is a collage of a step-by-step of the making of paneer paratha.

how to make paneer parathas


Preparation time : 30 minutes
Makes 5 parathas

You need                                            

how to make paneer parathas1Wheat flour 2 cups
Water to make the chapathi dough
Oil 1 tsp
Salt a generous pinch(optional for the dough alone)

For the filling

Paneer (made out of one litre milk)
Green chilli/Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ajwain/Carrom seeds 1 tsp
Coriander leaves 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped

Ghee/oil/butter to grease the pan and the paratha
Maida/all purpose flour to dust

  • Prepare soft dough using the wheat flour just like we make for chapathis.Set aside.
  • Crumble paneer with hands or grate them with a vegetable grater.
  • Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
  • Divide the stuffing into 5 balls and make slightly larger balls with the dough.
  • Take a ball of dough flatten it out with your hand such that the centre has a deep depression, place the paneer ball in the depression and cover the paneer ball with the dough by rotating it slowly in your hands.Pinch of any excess amount of dough.
  • Dust this ball in all purpose flour/maida and spread them out into parathas almost 3-5 mm thick.
  • Repeat for all the dough balls.
  • Heat a iron tawa/pan, grease the pan with oil or butter or ghee, place the parathas one by one, drizzle oil/ghee on the sides and top of the parathas and cook on a medium heat the outer layer will puff up, do this on both sides.
  • Repeat for all the parathas.
Paneer/Cottage cheese parathas



Serve hot with curd and pickle of your choice.This paratha makes a great lunch box item for the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis